SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST VOLUNTEERS (2)
Have you ever wondered how social media can change the world? Since its inception, social media has already transformed governments, politics, business, and the way we live and interact.
What if we used social media to do well in society? Insight for Good is part of a movement that is doing just that. We deliver research and consultancy for organisations who are aiming to achieve their social objectives through evidence-based insight.
We are looking for two proactive and passionate social media volunteers to help Insight for Good improve our social media presence in return for helping students expand on their employability skills and gaining valuable experience in the field of digital marketing.
We are interested in developing and implementing a social media strategy for 2020 and need two volunteers to collaborate for a total of ten hours each per week over a 3 month period and who:
- Are strategic and long-term focused – so that they can develop a social media strategy for Insight for Good framed under a series of guidelines to post in line with our brand values and our business strategy
- Are goal orientated – and are able to plan creative ways that allow Insight for Good to increase its brand awareness and generate web traffic so that organisations and potential clients learn about our products and services.
- Well organised and time conscious- so that posts are both planned ahead of time through the right channels in a proactive manner and can be also improvised in an agile manner given the situation of the time.
- Are team-oriented and can work alongside each other so that they learn from each other and our team at Insight for Good.
- Attendending webinars or freely available online courses in order to educate themselves on social media strategy.
- Develop a Social Media Strategy for 2020 involving specific plans to grow our follower base.
- Collaborate with another volunteer to develop an effective strategic plan
- Regularly update our social media channels (Linked In, Twitter, Facebook), aligning posts with current events as well as our own content relevant to specific social goals as found in our open insights platform (www.insightforgood.com/insights) and other webpages of relevance.
Benefits for you
- The opportunity to improve on your CV by practising a skill in high demand
- A flexible volunteering opportunity that you can fit around other commitments
- The opportunity to collaborate with other volunteers while gaining the experience of executing a social media strategy from start to finish
- Support and advice from members of the Insight for Good team
- Opportunity to publish your own content through our social media channels and other channels
- A future reference to future employment opportunities
- Studying towards a Marketing or Business degree
- An interest in working in the digital marketing space
- Have an excellent level of spoken and written English
- Have had some experience in managing social media accounts and want to transform their practice into a more strategic capability.
- Dedication with a commitment of a total 10 hours a week during 3 months
Hiring process for both roles
Applications including CV, cover letter and a 1-page social media review to be received by 19th June, 2020. The 1-pager should include a number of suggested areas of improvement based on Insight for Good’s current social media presence, including metrics we could use as an indicator of success.
If selected, candidates will be invited to an interview in which they will also need to present their arguments further in a 10-minute online presentation.
- Interviews during the week 22nd June and 25th June
- References checked by 30th of June
- Offers made by 4th of July
- Start date 7th of July